The Archivist Quill is composed of several different assemblies which come together.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Platform Assembly: The core structure which holds everything else together.
- Cradle Lifter: This assembly moves up and down on the rails in the Platform.
- Cradle Base: This assembly moves back and forth on the Cradle Lifter and supports the spine of the book.
- Cradle Wings: These wings support the covers of the book and rest on the Cradle Base.
- Platen Module: These pieces hold the glass Platen in place.
- Imaging Module: These pieces hold the cameras in place.
- Completing the Main Structure: Once all of the main assemblies are complete, they can be combined together to form the main structure.
- Handlebar Assembly: The handlebar connects with the Cradle Lifter to raise and lower the entire cradle. Counter-weights help displace the weight of the cradle.
- Lighting Module: This module sits on top, providing even and bright illumination of the pages to be scanned.